Are you looking to dive deep into the world of analytics? Your journey begins here. At Naidu Tutorials, we empower you to master SAS Base & Advanced courses, bridging the gap between traditional education and real-world skills. SAS, which stands for Statistical Analysis System, is a software suite developed by the SAS Institute for advanced analytics, business intelligence, data management, and predictive analytics.
|Course Name||SAS Base, Advanced|
|Duration||45 days; 1:30 Hours/Day|
|Training Days||Monday to Friday|
|Live Class Recordings||Downloadable|
|Materials||Life Time Access|
|Software||Life Time Access|
|Resume Preparation||Included In The Course|
|Interview Preparation||Q&A Will Be Provided|
Enroll For A Free Demo
SAS Base Course:
The Base SAS course is aimed at beginners and covers the basics of SAS programming. It often includes:
- Understanding the SAS environment: This involves learning how to navigate the SAS interface and understanding its basic functionalities.
- Data management: You'll learn how to import and export data from various sources, manipulate data, combine SAS data sets, and manage data.
- Basic Programming: This includes understanding SAS syntax, writing and debugging SAS programs.
- Basic Statistics: Descriptive statistics, basic inferential statistics, and how to use SAS procedures for statistical analysis.
- Reporting: Creating basic reports and summaries of your data.
SAS Advanced Course:
The Advanced SAS course builds on the knowledge gained in the Base SAS course. It's designed for individuals who have basic SAS programming experience and want to advance their skills. It usually covers:
- Advanced Programming Techniques: Writing and interpreting complex SAS code, using advanced data step programming statements, and reducing the amount of coding required for common tasks.
- SQL Procedure: Learning PROC SQL, a powerful tool in SAS that allows you to manage and manipulate your data in ways that standard SAS procedures cannot.
- Macros: Using SAS Macro programming to reduce the amount of redundant code and automate complex tasks.
- Advanced Statistical Techniques: Using SAS for advanced statistical analysis such as regression, survival analysis, multivariate analysis, etc.
- Optimizing and Performance Tuning: Techniques to ensure your SAS programs are running as efficiently as possible.
At the end of these courses, SAS offers certifications like SAS Certified Base Programmer and SAS Certified Advanced Programmer that can be earned by passing a certification exam. These certifications are often valuable to employers and can help individuals advance their careers.
Core Topics to Prepare for this SAS Base & Advanced Course?
To prepare for the SAS Base and Advanced courses, here are the core topics you should focus on:
For the SAS Base Course:
- Introduction to SAS:
- Basics of the SAS software
- Navigating the SAS environment
- Understanding SAS libraries
- Basic Programming Concepts:
- SAS syntax and programming logic
- Understanding data steps and proc steps
- Reading and writing SAS datasets
- Variable creation and transformation
- Conditional processing using if-then-else statements
- Data Manipulation:
- Importing and exporting data
- Appending and merging datasets
- Cleaning and validating data
- Basic Statistical Procedures:
- Descriptive statistics (means, frequencies)
- Summary reports
- Basic inferential statistics
- Generating lists and summary reports
- Output delivery system (ODS)
- Basic graphical procedures
For the SAS Advanced Course:
- Advanced Programming Techniques:
- Looping and array processing
- Advanced data step techniques
- SQL Procedure:
- Introduction to SQL in SAS
- Subsetting, merging, and aggregating data with SQL
- Creating new columns with SQL
- Macro Language:
- Macro variables and macro programs
- Automating tasks with macros
- Debugging macro errors
- Advanced Statistical Techniques:
- Analysis of variance (ANOVA)
- Survival analysis, multivariate analysis, etc.
- Writing efficient SAS code
- Understanding and optimizing resource usage
Understanding these topics will prepare you well for the SAS Base and Advanced courses. Remember, practice is key when it comes to learning a programming language. You'll want to spend plenty of time coding in SAS and working with real data as you learn these topics.
Uses of SAS Base & Advanced Course?
SAS (Statistical Analysis System) Base and Advanced courses are essential for anyone interested in becoming proficient in SAS software, a powerful tool widely used in data analysis and business intelligence. Here's how these courses can be useful:
- Career Enhancement: Having a SAS certification can greatly improve your job prospects. SAS skills are in high demand across various industries including finance, healthcare, retail, and more. Jobs that require SAS skills often pay well and have good opportunities for advancement.
- Data Analysis and Reporting: SAS is widely used for data analysis. It can handle large datasets and perform complex analyses with ease. After completing the Base and Advanced courses, you'll be capable of doing data manipulation, data cleaning, statistical analysis, predictive modeling, and generating reports.
- Business Intelligence: SAS is often used in Business Intelligence (BI) to help companies make strategic decisions. It can analyze and interpret complex data to identify patterns, relationships, and trends that can inform business strategies. With SAS skills, you can contribute to this decision-making process.
- Clinical Trials and Healthcare: SAS is the standard for data analysis in clinical trials. In healthcare, it's used for analyzing patient data, predicting disease trends, and improving patient care. After these courses, you could work in a role that contributes to medical research or healthcare improvement.
- Predictive Modeling and Machine Learning: SAS provides tools for predictive modeling and machine learning. These techniques can be used to predict future trends and behaviors, which can be highly valuable in many fields, including marketing, finance, and healthcare.
- Data Management: SAS is also used for data management, including data cleaning, data transformation, and data integration. After the Base and Advanced courses, you'll be able to manage complex databases effectively.
In summary, SAS Base and Advanced courses offer a strong foundation in data analysis and management, making you proficient in SAS software, and providing skills that are valuable in today's data-driven world.
How to Enroll for SAS Base & Advanced Course Exam?
Enrolling for the SAS Base and Advanced certification exams generally involves the following steps:
- Visit the SAS Certification Website: Go to the official SAS Certification website. From there, you can find detailed information about the SAS Base and Advanced certification exams, including exam content, recommended preparation, and costs.
- Choose Your Exam: Choose the SAS Base or Advanced certification exam based on your level of knowledge and experience with SAS.
- Review the Exam Content: Each exam has a specific set of topics it covers. Review these topics and make sure you have a good understanding of them. The official SAS website provides comprehensive exam content guides.
- Prepare for the Exam: You can prepare for the exam using various resources. SAS provides official e-learning courses and textbooks. There are also many online resources, like tutorials, practice exams, and forums, where you can learn and practice SAS.
- Schedule Your Exam: Once you feel prepared, you can schedule your exam. SAS certification exams are administered by Pearson VUE, a company that provides computer-based testing for certification and licensure exams. You can find a testing location near you and choose a date and time that works for you. Please note that you will likely need to pay an exam fee.
- Take the Exam: Arrive at the testing center on the day of your exam with a valid ID. Make sure to follow all the rules and regulations of the testing center. The exams are typically multiple-choice and are taken on a computer.
- Get Your Results: After you've completed the exam, you will receive your results. If you pass, you'll be a certified SAS programmer!
Remember, the process might slightly vary depending on your location and the specific certification you're pursuing. Always check the most current information on the official SAS website.
Base SAS Certification vs. Advanced SAS Certification
Both Base and Advanced SAS certifications are offered by the SAS Institute to validate your proficiency in the SAS software suite. The primary difference between the two lies in the depth and complexity of the skills they validate. Here's a brief comparison:
Base SAS Certification: The Base SAS certification is designed for users who are new to SAS and want to learn the fundamental skills. It tests your ability to:
- Navigate the SAS environment
- Access and create data structures
- Manage data: cleaning, validation, subsetting
- Generate reports and output
- Handle errors
The Base SAS certification is more general, demonstrating that you have a solid foundation in SAS programming. It is often a prerequisite for many roles that involve SAS.
Advanced SAS Certification: The Advanced SAS certification is designed for experienced SAS users who want to deepen their knowledge. It requires the Base SAS certification as a prerequisite. The Advanced certification tests your skills in:
- Advanced data manipulation techniques
- Macros and Macro variables
- Advanced programming techniques
- Optimization techniques for better efficiency
- SQL in SAS
The Advanced SAS certification demonstrates that you are capable of sophisticated SAS programming tasks. It can be beneficial for more specialized roles that require a deeper knowledge of SAS.
Which One to Choose?
The choice between Base and Advanced certification largely depends on your career goals and your current level of knowledge and experience. If you're new to SAS, starting with the Base certification is the recommended path. However, if you already have the Base certification or extensive experience with SAS and you're looking to advance your career, the Advanced certification can be a good choice.
Remember that the Advanced SAS certification typically requires the Base SAS certification as a prerequisite, so most SAS users will start with the Base certification. In most cases, earning both certifications is the best approach as it demonstrates a comprehensive skill set in SAS.
Is this SAS Certification Mandatory for a Job?
While SAS certification can be beneficial and increase your job prospects, it's not always mandatory for a job. The necessity of a SAS certification depends on several factors, including the job role, the industry, and the specific requirements of the employer.
Here's a more detailed look at the different scenarios:
- Job Role and Industry: For certain roles, especially those involving data analysis, statistical modeling, or business intelligence, a good understanding of SAS can be very advantageous. This is particularly true in certain industries, such as healthcare and pharmaceuticals, finance, and market research, where SAS is often the standard software for data analysis.
- Employer's Preference: Some employers may prefer or even require SAS certification because it provides a benchmark for a certain level of knowledge and skills. However, other employers might be more interested in your practical experience with SAS, including the projects you've completed or the specific tasks you've accomplished using SAS.
- Experience vs. Certification: In some cases, substantial practical experience using SAS in a professional setting can outweigh the need for certification. If you can demonstrate that you've successfully used SAS to carry out relevant tasks or projects, employers may consider this experience equivalent to or even more valuable than certification.
- Continuous Learning: Even if SAS certification isn't required for a job now, it could be beneficial in the future. The field of data analysis is rapidly evolving, and continuing to learn and gain certifications can help keep your skills current and open up new job opportunities.
In conclusion, while SAS certification can certainly make your resume stand out and demonstrate your commitment to professional development, whether it's "mandatory" can vary. It's always a good idea to research the specific requirements of the jobs you're interested in and to consider your own career goals and learning preferences.
Who is Eligible to Learn this SAS Course?
Anyone who is interested in learning data analysis, statistical modeling, or business intelligence can learn the SAS (Statistical Analysis System) course. There are no hard prerequisites or eligibility criteria to start learning SAS. However, possessing certain skills or background can be beneficial:
- Basic Computer Skills: You should be familiar with operating a computer, managing files and folders, and basic computer operations.
- Understanding of Data: A basic understanding of how data is structured, what databases are, and how to manipulate data is helpful. Even a rudimentary knowledge about data types, tables, records, and fields can be useful.
- Mathematical and Statistical Knowledge: SAS is often used for statistical analysis, so a background in statistics would be beneficial. This would include a basic understanding of descriptive statistics (mean, median, mode, standard deviation), inferential statistics, and probability.
- Programming Knowledge: While it's not necessary to have a programming background to start learning SAS, knowing a programming language might make the learning curve less steep. Familiarity with programming concepts such as loops, conditions, functions, and arrays would be advantageous.
- Domain Knowledge: Depending on the field you are in or planning to enter (e.g., finance, healthcare, marketing), having some understanding of that domain can also be beneficial when learning SAS.
Remember, while these skills can be beneficial, the beauty of learning is that it's never too late to start. Even if you don't have a background in these areas, you can still start learning SAS and acquire these skills along the way.
Why to Choose Naidu Tutorial for SAS Base & Advanced Course?
Naidu Tutorialis the best platform to start your journey in SAS, here are some general factors you should consider:
- Structured Learning Schedule: With "45 Days of Training. 1hr-30min Daily," the course offers a well-structured learning schedule. This structured timeframe can help learners stay organized, focused, and progress consistently through the material.
- Comprehensive Syllabus: By covering both "SAS Base & Advance syllabus," the course ensures a comprehensive understanding of SAS, making it suitable for both beginners and those looking to enhance their knowledge.
- Exam-Oriented Training: The inclusion of "SAS Certification questions" implies that the course prepares you directly for the SAS certification exams, making it a valuable resource for those aiming to get certified.
- Live Online Training: Live online training provides interactive learning experiences, allowing learners to ask questions and get instant feedback. This real-time interaction can enhance understanding and clarify doubts.
- Learning Resources: Providing "Class Material & Tasks" supports self-study and practice, reinforcing what's learned during live sessions. It also allows learners to review at their own pace, aiding in better retention of information.
- Access to Recorded Classes: With "Recording Classes Access," learners can revisit lectures and discussions, an important feature for those who want to review certain topics or who may miss a live session.
- Exam Attempt Flexibility: "Unlimited Attempts for 1 Year" indicates flexibility in taking the certification exam. This can reduce exam-related stress, as learners know they have multiple attempts and a considerable timeframe to succeed.
- Instructors' Expertise: The instructors should be proficient in SAS and have a good understanding of the topics they're teaching.
- Hands-on Learning: The course should offer practical exercises and projects that allow you to apply what you've learned.
- Learning Pace: The course should align with your learning pace. If you're a beginner, the course shouldn't assume prior knowledge.
- Reviews and Ratings: Look for reviews and ratings from past students to gauge the quality of the course.
- Price: The course should be affordable and offer value for the price.
- Flexibility: If you're a working professional or a student, you might want to consider a course that offers flexible learning hours.
By offering all these features, Naidu Tutorial can provide a comprehensive, flexible, and supportive environment for learning SAS and preparing for the certification exams.
SAS is a software suite developed by the SAS Institute for advanced analytics, business intelligence, data management, and predictive analytics. The SAS Base and Advanced courses are training programs designed to teach users how to use the software effectively. Core topics to prepare for SAS Base and Advanced courses include Introduction to SAS, Basic Programming Concepts, Data Manipulation, Statistical Procedures, Reporting, and Graphical Procedures.
SAS Base and Advanced courses offer a strong foundation in data analysis and management, making you proficient in SAS software and providing valuable skills in today's data-driven world. Enrolling for SAS certification exams involves visiting the SAS Certification website, choosing an exam, reviewing the exam content, preparing for the exam, scheduling the exam, taking the exam, and receiving results.
The choice between Base and Advanced SAS certifications depends on the user's career goals and current level of knowledge and experience. Earning both certifications is the best approach to demonstrate a comprehensive skill set in SAS. SAS certification is not always necessary for a job, depending on the job role, industry, and employer's preference. Experience vs. Certification can outweigh certification, and continuous learning can help keep skills current.
Learning SAS requires basic computer skills, understanding of data, mathematical and statistical knowledge, programming knowledge, and domain knowledge, but it's never too late to start. Naidu Tutorial offers a structured learning schedule, comprehensive syllabus, exam-oriented training, live online training, learning resources, access to recorded classes, unlimited attempts for 1 year, instructors' expertise, hands-on learning, learning pace, reviews and ratings, price, and flexibility.
Enroll Yourself for Upcoming Batches:
- Visit the Website: Go to the official website of Naidu Tutorial
- Find the Course: Look for the SAS Base and Advanced courses.
- Check the Schedule: Look for information about upcoming batches, including the start dates and timings.
- Enroll or Register: Enroll for the course.
- Fill Out the Form: You'll likely be taken to a registration form. Fill out all the required information, such as your name, email address, and any other requested details
- Payment: You'll need to provide payment information. Follow the prompts to do this.
- Confirmation: After you've completed the form and provided payment, you should receive a confirmation message or email. This will confirm that you're enrolled in the course and provide any next steps.
Please note: This is a general process and the exact steps may vary depending on the specific website and course. If you have any trouble, look for a "Help" or "Support" section on the website, or contact the organization directly.
This Course Features
Unlimited training Attempts
Pay once and get life-time training access
Daily Class Recordings
Get life-time access for daily class recordings along with training
Support available for 24/7
Resume and Interview Preparation
Help in resume and interview preparation along with training
- How To Write A Simple Program Using SAS 01:00:00
- Introduction To SAS 01:00:00
- Different Windows In SAS FREE 01:00:00
- How To Read Date Values In SAS 01:00:00
- Global Options In SAS 01:00:00
- Data Set Options In SAS 01:00:00
- How To Import And Export Access, Csv, Tab And Text In SAS 01:00:00
- Different Functions In SAS 01:00:00
- Special Functions In SAS 01:00:00
- Proc Means In SAS 2 months
- Proc Report In SAS 01:00:00
- Proc Tabulate In SAS 01:00:00
- Examples Of Graphs In SAS 01:00:00
- Merging In SAS 01:00:00
- Loops Concept In SAS 01:00:00
- Arrays Concept In SAS 01:00:00
- Different Input Methods In SAS 01:00:00
- Sql Concept In SAS 01:00:00
- Macros – 1 In SAS 01:00:00